Brazil to receive first batch of vaccines from Covax Facility

The PAHO/WHO representative in Brazil said that 90% of the doses will expire on May 31, 2021, and the remaining 10% on April 30, 2021.

RIO DE JANEIRO, BRAZIL - Brazil will receive this Sunday (21st) the first batch of vaccines against covid-19 from the Covax Facility consortium. There will be 1,022,400 doses that will arrive in the country at 6pm. The shipment will be of the AstraZeneca vaccine, manufactured in South Korea.

The arrival of the vaccines was confirmed by the representative of the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Pan-American Health Organization (PAHO) in Brazil, Socorro Galiano.

Galiano sent a letter to Health Minister Eduardo Pazuello today (19). "We are pleased to inform that the first shipment, referring to 1 . . .

To read the full NEWS and much more, Subscribe to our Premium Membership Plan. Already Subscribed?