By Richard Mann, Contributing Reporter
This is the first series of infographics on Digital Life in Brazil.
RIO DE JANEIRO, BRAZIL – The Brazilian consumer is ready for digital disruption. In many ways, it has already begun.
- More than two out of three Brazilians have access to smartphones and the internet
- Brazilians spend more than 9 hours per day connected (among the highest rates in the world)
- They rank very high in the world in social media use, including the use of Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Netflix, WhatsApp, and Pinterest
- Digital advertising continues to grow in double digits
- E-Commerce, the sharing economy, and home delivery services are booming
But digital inclusion still faces challenges:
- Access and proficiency vary widely across regions, social classes and age groups
- Internet speeds are slower than in many developed and emerging economies
- E-Commerce penetration is still low and entire categories are still in their infancy
- While Brazilians are avid consumers of digital media, they are not yet making many transactions or spending money online