Young Colombian man has been missing for almost a month on a trip to the US
RIO DE JANEIRO, BRAZIL – The Miami-Dade Police are looking for Miguel Angel Roldan, a 23-year-old Colombian who has not been heard from since he allegedly arrived at the Miami airport from Los Angeles on July 24 to board a flight to Colombia.
Sources from Zona 33, a foundation of Colombians living abroad, confirmed that on behalf of the young man’s family, a native of Medellin, they filed the missing person’s report last Saturday and are taking care of it everything related to the case.
Read also: Check out our coverage on Colombia
Zona 33 had already determined that in the morgue and 29 hospitals in the Miami area, there is no one with the characteristics of Roldan, who, before his disappearance, was spending some time in Los Angeles with a childhood friend.

According to Beatriz Sierra of Zona 33, who has distributed flyers with information about Roldan and his photograph, they also know that the young man has not left the United States because of information provided by the immigration authorities to the police.
As to whether he actually arrived in Miami on July 24, Sierra said that American Airlines personnel called the young man’s family in Medellín on July 25 to say that his luggage had arrived from Miami and had not been picked up at the airport.
The family learned that Roldan did arrive in Miami on July 24 but was not allowed to board his flight to Medellin because he did not have the results of a test showing that he was not sick with covid-19, something that, according to Sierra, does not make sense since the Colombian authorities stopped asking for that requirement in June.
Sierra said they could not access the Miami airport security camera recordings from July 24, which is reserved for the police. Still, they know from the detective in charge of the case that they will be reviewed searching for Roldan, who was wearing a black cap on the day of his trip.
Efe agency contacted American Airlines to confirm if indeed the young man flew from Los Angeles to Miami on July 24 and was banned from boarding due to the lack of PCR, but so far, it did not respond to its request for information.
The Colombian Consulate General in Miami confirmed the complaint with the police by representatives of the family and said they had no information on the outcome of the investigations.
Sierra indicated that Roldan had only his Colombian passport, plane ticket, and 40 dollars when he disappeared since he lost his backpack with his belongings in Los Angeles.
Since July 24, there has been no activity on his social networks.
The young man has suffered from depression and anxiety, according to the Zona 33 representative, who asked the Colombian community in Miami and the general public to help find Roldan.
Read More from The Rio Times