RIO DE JANEIRO, BRAZIL - Five people died in Barueri, Greater São Paulo, after drinking an alcoholic beverage offered by a stranger. It is suspected that they were all poisoned.
Of the five victims, three were street dwellers. Four died on Saturday and the fifth victim had his death confirmed on Sunday morning. Three other people also felt ill when ingesting the liquid and were referred to the city emergency room.
In a note, the Municipality of Barueri reported that one of the victims said he was given a drink when he was in Cracolândia, central region of S . . .