RIO DE JANEIRO, BRAZIL – Acne is caused by a buildup of oil in the skin’s follicles that comes from the sebaceous glands.
Why do people get acne?
There are several factors that contribute to a person’s risk of getting acne. They include:
- A family history of acne
- An oversupply of androgen hormones
- An excess of oil production by the sebaceous glands
- Medications such as oral contraceptives and corticosteroid treatments
- Age is also a factor as many adolescents experience acne due to fluctuating hormone levels.
Many of the chemicals used in acne products are harsh and can damage the skin, which is why more people are looking for alternative ways to treat acne. Among the latest trends is CBD oil.
Here’s how CBD (canabidiol) can help:
- CBD can act as an antibacterial, although there’s still some dispute among scientists about how it works.
- CBD is an anti-inflammatory as it interacts with the body’s endocannabinoid system, which plays an important role in the body’s pain response. It reduces the body’s response to a threat such as a bacterium, reducing the appearance of inflammation.
- CBD’s interaction with the endocannabinoid system also helps to regulate the body’s production of hormones. It can help to maintain healthy levels of androgen hormones, thereby eliminating an oversupply.