By Contributing Reporter

RIO DE JANEIRO, BRAZIL – Najila Trindade Mendes de Souza, the 26-year-old model who has accused soccer star Neymar of raping her in a Paris hotel, parted on Tuesday from her third lawyer in less than three weeks.

Garcia took on Trindade's lawsuit against Neymar last week
Danilo Garcia de Andrade had taken on Trindade’s lawsuit against Neymar last week. (Photo internet reproduction)

Attorney Danilo Garcia de Andrade confirmed to The Associated Press that he no longer represents Najila Trindade in her rape case.

Garcia took on Trindade’s lawsuit against Neymar last week, but days later, he reportedly said he was considering withdrawing from the case unless the model provided more evidence of wrongdoing.

Trindade alleges Neymar sexually assaulted her in the French capital last month, a charge he denies.

The lawyer wanted to see the content of a seven-minute video filmed during the model’s second meeting with the Paris Saint-Germain star.

Trindade maintains the recording — a few seconds of which have been leaked on social media — includes conclusive evidence that she was assaulted.

Trindade’s original lawyers walked away from her case because she had initially filed a complaint only for physical abuse, not rape. A second lawyer abandoned the case after briefly helping Trindade.

Trindade has yet to pick a new attorney.

Najila Trindade has not provided more proof for Neymar’s alleged wrongdoing. (Photo internet reproduction)

In her interview with SBT television Monday night, Trindade raised questions about how police were investigating her rape allegation and appeared to imply that investigators had been paid off.

The association of São Paulo state police investigators issued a statement Tuesday denouncing her comments.

“We can’t tolerate baseless statements that stain the honor of police and the image of an entire institution,” the group said.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

four × five =