Amnesty and Permanent Residency

By Nestor Bailly, Contributing Reporter 

RIO DE JANEIRO, BRAZIL - In July 2, 2009, then-president Lula signed into a law an amnesty granting foreigners who are in Brazil illegally an opportunity to request a temporary two-year residence. Congressman William Woo, originator of the bill that became the Amnesty law, believed the measure would not only benefit illegal workers, but also the country’s economy.

“The economy will receive greater external investments as soon as Brazil becomes an aggregate market,” Woo . . .

To read the full NEWS and much more, Subscribe to our Premium Membership Plan. Already Subscribed?