By Lise Alves, Senior Contributing Reporter
SÃO PAULO, BRAZIL – A gas leak is said to be the most likely cause for the explosion which shook awake residents of Rio de Janeiro’s São Conrado neighborhood early Monday morning, May 18th. According to authorities the explosion, which occurred on the tenth floor of the nineteen-floor apartment building, blew out many of the windows of the building, as well as those of buildings around it.
Despite the pieces of concrete blocks and twisted steel that littered the street below, there were no fatal victims. Five residents got injured and . . .